Friday, March 02, 2007

Thunder (our boxer on the left) gave me quite a scare this morning. Last night when I came home from getting groceries Stephen said that Thunder was acting like he was going to throw up. I don't think he did but he was very whiny all night. I woke up at 4am to him thrashing around in the living room, went down there and he was having a seizure. I finally got him calmed down but for a bit he seemed to be staring into space and then laid there breathing heavily and wouldn't or couldn't get up when I was calling to him, then seemed pretty shaky. After awhile I got him to drink some water and later he did eat some breakfast. Tim and I were supposed to go on a field trip to the Seattle Aquarium today and we were going to Pike Place Market too but I explained to Tim this morning that I need to take Thunder to the vet and he was very understanding. He decided he'd go ahead and go to his regular school today and he wanted to get ready 1/2hr early so he could take the bus. Thunder and Missy are both napping right now. I only got 4hrs of sleep so I think I'll take a little nap and then take him to the vet. Sure hope he's ok, he's 5yrs old and boxers aren't known for living long lives. We would be crushed if something happened to him.

No comments: