Thursday, March 15, 2007

Here's one of our Silkies, one of the roosters I think, when it was younger. We found one of the Silkie roosters dead today in their yard. Very sad. It didn't look like anything got in there. Stephen said he heard them fighting last night but they do sometimes so he didn't think much of it but that must have been when it happened. I really think they've gotten along pretty well and haven't seen much fighting at all or I would have found homes for a couple of the roosters. I gave one of the Silkie roosters to my dad recently but my dad's 3 hens are being mean to the rooster so my dad asked me to take one of the Silkie hens over there to keep the rooster company and maybe hatch some eggs. Those Silkie hens sure do like setting on eggs so I bet that will work out good. I've been wanting to go over and see Mom and Dad anyway, if I could ever get over this cold thing!

We got a progress report for Tim today and it was great! Three of his teachers mentioned him working slowly but he does process information slowly. I'm hoping that as he goes to school that it will get easier for him to process information faster. Other than that he got all positive comments like "Exlemplary conduct" and "Pleasant and conscientious student". I hope the rest of his school years go as well as this year is going for him. I went back to sleep for a couple hours this morning and now it's time to get ready and pick Tim up already. I feel like I haven't gotten much done at all today but until I'm over this bug I'd better take it easy.

1 comment:

Beemoosie said...

Oh, I am sorry you are not feeling well!! Get better soon, rest up, take it easy!
I am sorry about your silkie. I love going to the fair and seeing all the "fuzzy" chickens. (I've never raised them, I wasn't very technical about their names!)