Thursday, March 15, 2007


On the farmgirl site we were talking about what we would do if we could do anything we wanted and whether or how it would impact someone else's life and I had mentioned that I had thought many times how it would be nice if I could have space here for like a community garden for people in town who didn't have room for a garden or for the food bank. This picture is from 2 yrs ago when we had alot of clearing done on the property and this was the area that I was thinking of for the garden. I've heard that the woman who lived here before had beautiful gardens here and the man who did our clearing said that the soil was real good in this area. There is grass and weeds that have grown there now and alot of those trees on the left fell down in the windstorms this past winter but nothing that can't be cleaned up pretty quickly. I kind of wonder whether this is a do-able idea. The only thing is that we share a well and driveway with the neighbor but maybe it can be worked out. I've seen community gardens before in other areas and people always took pride in taking care of them. I don't know, maybe I've had too much caffeine (or cough syrup) today but it's a thought.

1 comment:

Beemoosie said...

I think it's a great thought!!! Certainly worth looking into!!