Thursday, March 22, 2007

Here's the Amish sampler I was talking about. It's actually just the pattern, no thread or material. The picture isn't real clear, or maybe it's my eyes, but it says "Walk Humbly With Thy God". Mikki Jo has said she'd like it so Mikki, if you'd email me your address I'll send it to you. I also have the recipe for Amish Butter Cookies. I don't know where I got the recipe, I've had it for years, almost thinking I got it from my older sister, Charlotte. Here's the recipe:

1 cup butter or margarine, softened
1 cup oil
4 1/2 cups flour
1 cup sugar
1 cup powdered sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cream of tartar
Beat butter and oil together on low speed. Add flour, sugar, powdered sugar, eggs, vanilla, baking soda, and cream of tartar. Drop by spoonsfull onto a lightly greased cookie sheet (I actually don't grease the cookie sheet but that's up to whoever is making these). Bake at 350 for 11-12 minutes or very light brown. (With my oven it takes a little longer and I always take them out when the edges just begin to get brown).

1 comment:

~~Mikki Jo said...

Cheryl, Thanks so much! I've emailed you my address. Thanks again!