Thursday, March 15, 2007

A sign of Spring... There are a few crocus' around the big cedar tree next to the driveway. I love things like that, gives you hope when it's still so cold out that it will be warm again soon. Yesterday there was actually a little snow on the deck in the morning! Today after I took Tim to his bus I noticed there was fresh snow in the lower hills around. Very pretty! It's hard for me to get used to getting up so early but the early mornings can be so beautiful and lately I've noticed more and more animal sounds in the distance. I just hope the woodpeckers don't come back this year. I think it was about 2 yrs ago that we had an awful problem with the woodpeckers on the gutters of the house, especially right over my bedroom window. I read up on getting rid of them and it sounded like the woodpeckers have more rights than we do! We did hang alot of shiny things on the house and it seemed to help a little.

I've still got this cough pretty bad but the dr said on Saturday that he didn't think it was pneumonia. He did put me on antibiotics though for the sinus infection. Last night I went to sleep at 11:30 or so and woke up about 2, had to take some cough medicine and it still took me awhile to go back to sleep, got to sleep all the way till 6am! Yesterday morning I ended up sleeping in because I had set the alarm to 6pm! That hopefully will teach me to wear my glasses when I set the alarm. Speaking of sleep, I will feed the dogs and then hopefully go back to sleep for awhile. I set up my cutting table so I could cut out more of the cotton batting for the rag quilts I'm making and I would love to work on that but if I don't get some sleep I'll just be a zombie all day.

1 comment:

~~Mikki Jo said...

Cheryl, I'm so sorry your feeling so bad. I hope your feeling better soon. Thanks for sharing the beautiful photo. I too am encouraged by the renewal that Spring brings us. Have a wonderful day!