Friday, March 09, 2007

This is a rag quilt that I made for my nephew in Michigan when he had major back surgery a couple years ago. I've got alot of patriotic themed flannel squares cut out, some sewn, some not yet, and would love to get the energy to work on more patriotic rag quilts. Doesn't seem like that big a deal when you think about it but this cold or whatever I have has drained every ounce of energy I have. I want to make one of these for each of the boys and one to cuddle up with on these cold nights. I don't have the couch shown, I have a dark blue sleeper sofa. I have alot of cute patriotic flannels, took a picture of a few of the squares but I need to find the cord to upload the picture onto here. I also am in the mood to start working on a grandmothers flower garden quilt I started long ago, something I could bring with me to Tim's Tuesday school. He starts the 3rd trimester this next Tuesday, one cooking class and then 5 computer classes so we'll be there 6 1/2 hrs instead of 5 1/2. I tried to talk him into starting classes at 10 instead of 9 but he wants the whole day so....

I have so many things I'd like to work on and am so sick of laying around this past week! It reminds me of when I was on bedrest almost my whole pregnancy with Stephen and I was bored out of my mind! I did manage to get on the treadmill last night for a whole 15 minutes, better than nothing I guess. Drs appt on Monday so I'll try to hold out till then to ask why I can't seem to kick this. What worries me is that I had a bad case of pneumonia in my late 20's and now I'm I tad bit older than that and I have this awful cough. Laid around today watching tear-jerker movies like Sleepless in Seattle and The Other Sister. Finally brought the laptop back down to the kitchen just to get myself out of that bed. It's almost 5pm and I'm going to get Stephen to help me try and get the tarp back on this old Suburban that's sticking out of the carport and since the back window is open it's getting rained in and I guess we're in for some stormy weather this weekend. Pat's coming home for the night tonight and then going back to Seattle tomorrow and working the weekend. I was going to go over there this weekend but just don't feel up to it.

No comments: