Friday, February 23, 2007


This picture reminds me of Spring, something I've been craving, nice warm weather to takes walks in. This was taken up the road from here. Always cracks me up when the animals around here come over to the fence to greet us as we walk by.

This morning I woke up to snow again, just enough to make it look pretty out there with a dusting of snow on the branches of the trees, very icy out too though. I wasn't wanting to drive in it but Tim wanted to go to school so I took him. It is always such a beautiful drive going into the very small town of Joyce where he goes to school. I was sure wishing I would have brought my camera, Monday for sure. I need to go into town today so I thought about driving out to Joyce first but it probably wouldn't look the same without the early morning sun on the hills around Joyce.

I stayed awake much too late last night listening to a book on cd. I try to take a nap in the evening so I can talk to Pat after he gets off work at 11 and drives to our trailer. I sure don't get enough sleep to be able to stand that alarm clock going off at 6:30am. I've got the alarm set to "crow", need to change that before I get to where I hate the sound of roosters. Speaking of roosters I took one of the Silky Roosters over to Dad's a week ago since his rooster had disappeared. I put the rooster in with the 3 hens and they let him know he was very unwelcome there! Dad did say later though that when he checked on him the next day he was enjoying the chicken house and just staying away from the hens. Hopefully they'll get used to each other. Stephen and I moved the chicken yard yesterday since it was getting muddy there. I cleaned out the Silkies house and put new shavings in, still need to clean out the Barred Rocks house today and the Buttercups house. I hope it warms up!

1 comment:

Beemoosie said...

what cute animals! We have more snow here too! I had to remind myself it's only February, and we have a ways to go before spring, but the two days at 40 degrees got me yearning for warmer days!